In line with Hong Kong’s status as an international financial centre, the HKMA has been actively strengthening international and regional financial co-operation to contribute to global and regional financial stability.
The HKMA attaches great importance to strengthening its contacts with the international financial and central banking community to:
- promote international understanding of, and support for, monetary and banking policies in Hong Kong;
- share information with other central banks about financial developments so as to facilitate the proper oversight of financial markets and the prudential supervision of financial institutions;
- improve understanding of international economic and financial trends so as to facilitate more effective policy formulation in the HKMA, particularly in monetary management and reserves management;
- improve the HKMA's access to the technical expertise available in major central banks and multilateral institutions; and
- help other central banks and institutions to obtain a better understanding of monetary and general economic developments in Hong Kong and the region.