The Hong Kong Monetary Authority is charged with the responsibility for maintaining the stability and integrity of the monetary and financial systems of Hong Kong. There is now an excellent opportunity for eligible candidates to apply for the following post:
(Macroeconomic/Financial Market Analysis and Research)
- Provide administrative support to the Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research, such as preparing meeting materials, publishing working papers and newsletters, maintaining computer/econometric software and databases, and providing support during conferences and seminars
- Assist in the analysis of monetary and financial developments in Hong Kong and other economies, providing econometric/quantitative analysis and data management
- University degree or preferably postgraduate degree in economics, econometrics, statistics or a closely related field (e.g. finance)
- Experience in economic research, statistical analysis, and database management preferable
- Good English communication and writing skills, proficiency in Putonghua an advantage
- Good knowledge of quantitative analysis and practical use of computer/econometric software such as Eviews, Excel, Powerpoint, Chinese input, Gauss, Matlab etc
- Familiarity with Hong Kong economic and financial statistics an advantage
(Selected candidate may be seconded to work in the Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research)
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, with flexibility to take account of additional experience and qualifications. Fringe benefits include medical and dental benefits, paid annual leave and provident fund benefits.
How to apply
You may submit job applications via one of the following channels:
- Online application ( http://www.hkma.gov.hk/eng/about-the-hkma/careers-hkma/recruitment)
- By Mail
Send in the hard copy application form (available either at the HKMA’s reception counter or website http://www.hkma.gov.hk) to:
Hong Kong Monetary Authority
55/F., Two International Finance Centre
8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong
Copies of transcripts together with a full resumé including details of past experience should be attached to the application. Please mark your correspondence address and the position applied for on the envelope.
Completed application should reach the HKMA by 18 March 2017. Those not contacted by the HKMA within three months from the close of application should consider their applications filed for future reference.
Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided upon request. You may contact the Recruitment Officer at the above address or direct your request by fax to 2878 1885.
The HKMA is an equal opportunities employer. More information on the HKMA can be found at the website http://www.hkma.gov.hk.
The Online Application System is scheduled to perform regular system maintenance from Hong Kong time 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. every Wednesday. During this time, online application will not be available.